Raita


This is the only form of raita I have known and relished from my childhood. I have later gone on to taste other kinds of raita, but still this has been my favorite. I make it every other day as an accompaniment with Rice Dishes.

Ingredients

1 cucumber
1 onion
2 carrots
2 tomatoes
2 Green Chilies
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2 cups yogurt
Salt to Taste

Preparation

Wash and cut the cucumber and tomatoes finely.
Peel and finely chop the onion.
Peel and grate the carrots finely.
Wash and finely chop the green chilies and coriander leaves.
With a spoon beat the yogurt so that it is smooth and is a dropping consistency. Add some water while doing this to make sure the yogurt is not too thick. (The consistency of the yogurt is very important)

Putting Together

Mix the chopped onion, cucumber, tomato and grated carrot in a bowl.
Add the chopped chilies and coriander leaves.
Add the beaten yogurt and salt and mix everything together and serve.

No comments: